Chapels and Churches of Abercrave
Abercrave has no remaining active chapels or churches. Anglican Church in Wales services are sometimes held in the Welfare Hall. Of the four closed places of worship, Carmel has been demolished, Noddfa converted to a private house, and Bryn Seion and Saint David's remain empty.
Bryn Seion Chapel is located on the main road through the village. Built in 1900 as a congregational hall for Ty'n-y-coed Chapel, it became independent in 1913. The last service was in 2011, and it remains closed, but unsold, to date.
Visit our Bryn Seion Chapel webpage.
Carmel Chapel was located on the main road through the village, but was demolished in 2007, leaving its cemetery in place. Built in 1897, Carmel was a Calvinistic Methodist Chapel.
Visit our Carmel Chapel webpage.
Noddfa Chapel was located on the approach to Abercrave proper, coming up from Ystradgynlais. It was a Baptist chapel, usually served by a minister in common with Nant-y-Ffin, Penycae. Completed in 1900, it closed in 1991.
Visit our Noddfa Chapel webpage.
Saint David's Church is located off the by-pass, after the main village of Abercrave, and towards Ynyswen. An Anglican, Church in Wales, establishment it was opened in 1912 and closed in 2016.
Visit our St. David's Church webpage.