Tabernacl Ystradgynlais began as an offshoot of Yorath Chapel, Cwmgiedd in order to deal with the growing population of the area. While it was being constructed in 1890, the congregation met in what had been a private house in Gough Buildings (now Rhestr Fawr) and was then styled as Adulam Vestry, neighbouring The Star public house. Adulam Vestry was able to register births, and remained open for a short while after Tabernacl got going, but then closed and reverted to being a private house.
ABOUT NAME STONE:-
and in English:-
Thank You to David whose Pillars of Faith website provides the information up to the 1930s: www.ministers.pillars-of-faith.com AND MENTION OTHER SOURCES USED EG THE LLAIS
The Llais newspaper had always included a round-up of happenings at local churches and chapels, even when these were not part of any particular story. Sometimes they advertised forthcoming events, and at other times who was preaching, or had preached there recently.
From the Labour Voice newspaper, DATE:-
From the Voice DATE, WHAT:-