Postcard of Soar Chapel, Seven Sisters, showing its location next to the school on Pen-y-banc.
The second photograph shows the demolition of Soar Chapel underway in 2016-2017.
Pen-y-banc, Seven Sisters
The gate on the right-hand side, which probably provided pedestrian access.
The small pedestrian gate, next to the sweep of the driveway on the left hand side.
One of the piles of rubble, being the remains of Soar Chapel, Seven Sisters
Possibly the cap-stone
The area of land that the chapel and its grounds formerly occupied
Up towards the graveyard behind where Soar Chapel was
Soar Chapel graveyard, Seven Sisters
Thank You to David whose Pillars of Faith website provides the information up to the 1930s: www.ministers.pillars-of-faith.com
David Morgan was minister of Soar Chapel, Seven Sisters from 1878 to 1898. He had previously been minister of Onllwyn from 1872 to 1907 and of Hermon, Ystradfellte from 1873 to 1907.
Edmund Davies was minister of Soar, Seven Sisters from 1899 to 1924. He had previously been minister of Hebron, Cymmer (Afan) from 1892 to 1899.
John Seymour Rees was minister of Soar Congregational Chapel from 1927. He was previously minister of Ebenezer, Cefn Coed from 1915 to 1922 and of Tabor, Cefn Coed from 1917 to 1922, then of Hermon, Treorchy from 1923 to 1927.
The Llais newspaper had always included a round-up of happenings at local churches and chapels, even when these were not part of any particular story. Sometimes they advertised forthcoming events, and at other times who was preaching, or had preached there recently.
From the Labour Voice newspaper, DATE:-
From the Voice DATE, WHAT:-