Ystradgynlais & District

History and Heritage

Saint Cynog's Chuch Hall, Ystradgynlais

Saint Cynog's Church Hall, Ystradgynlais is on Pantyffynon Road, running alongside the River Tawe, the road that passes Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Classy Curtains (in the old Ynyscedwyn School), Cafe Chameleon at the Gough Arms, and ends up at Diamond Park.

The inscription above the main doors states that:-

Ystradgynlais Church Hall
Built by Cecil Clare Gough
In Memory of Her Husband
Fleming R.D.A. Gough
1935



Below are some more views of St. Cynog's Church Hall (as it is known these days), making an attempt to see it in the round. The car park is to the rear. and a gate from there leads into the graveyard at the back of the church.




 
Contact Ystradgynlais History
Telephone : 07855 838502

Email Yeargroup:
yeargroup@hotmail.co.uk
Email Wolfian Design:
webdesign@wolfianpress.com
Ystradgynlais Wargraves
How To Write Alternate History

Click the cover to purchase the paperback


How To Write Alternate History is a series of articles by Grey Wolf, examining subjects such as the identity of man, whether man makes the weather, how the everyday in an alternate world is going to be changed and what names for music, vehicles, weapons etc would be different.

 
 


  Cofion Cynnes, newsagent and bookshop, Ystradgynlais




Sun Centre, beauty parlour and tanning in Ystradgynlais