Seion Chapel, Seven Sisters, was a Calvinistic Methodist establishment constructed in 1890. It has since been demolished. Only the date stone remains, set into the wall surrounding the site of the old chapel.
Thank You to David whose Pillars of Faith website provides the information up to the 1930s: www.ministers.pillars-of-faith.com AND MENTION OTHER SOURCES USED EG THE LLAIS
W.D. Jenkins was minister of Seion Chapel from 1894 to 1896. Prior to this he had been minister of Salem Chapel, Crynant from 1891 to 1894.
T.C. Lewis was minister of Seion, Seven Sisters from 1905 to 1908. After he left Seion, he was minister at Llwynbwydrau from 1908 to 1928, Tabernacl, Aberaeron from 1928 to 1936, and at Trinity, Llanelly from 1936.
J. Vincent Thomas was minister of Seion Chapel, Seven Sisters, from 1908 to 1910. He had previously been minister at Salem Chapel, Crynant from 1901 to 1908. After he left Seion, he was minister at Salem, Vardre, Clydach from 1910 to 1919, and at both Bethel, Cross Hands and Peniel, Foel Castell from 1919 to 1930. He was minister at Bethania, Ferryside and Llansaint from 1930.
H. Solva Thomas was minister of Seion from 1911 to 1913. He had previously been minister of Jerusalem, Nantyffyllon from 1903 to 1911. After he left Seion, he was minister of Woodstock, Walton and Treamlod from 1913 to 1920.
David Hughes was minister of Seion Methodist Chapel, Seven Sisters from 1917 to 1925. At the same time he was also minister of Noddfa Chapel, Dyffryn Cellwen. He had previously minister of Llansawel and Rhydcwmerai from 1902 to 1905, and of Bethania, Glyn Neath from 1905 to 1917. After he left Seion and Noddfa, he was minister of Nazareth, Morriston from 1925 to 1933.
D.M. Morgan was minister of Seion Methodist Chapel, Seven Sisters from 1930 to 1934. At the same time, he was minister of Noddfa Chapel, Dyffryn Cellwen from 1930 to 1938. Previously he had ministered at Brynhyfryd, Rhymney from 1921 to 1924 and at Coedpenmaen and Norton Bridge from 1924 to 1930.
L.M. Lewis was minister of Seion, Seven Sisters from 1939. He had previously been minister of Hermon, Tynewydd, Ogmore Vale from 1923 to 1926, Bethlehem, Porth from 1926 to 1933 and was in a joint pastorate with Salem, Crynant from 1933.
The Llais newspaper had always included a round-up of happenings at local churches and chapels, even when these were not part of any particular story. Sometimes they advertised forthcoming events, and at other times who was preaching, or had preached there recently.
From the Labour Voice newspaper, DATE:-
From the Voice DATE, WHAT:-