Ystradgynlais & District

History and Heritage

Calfaria Chapel, Ystradgynlais

Calfaria was a Welsh baptist chapel in Station Road, Ystradgynlais, constructed in 1913 but closed in 2014 when the premises were purchased by Roger Castle & Daughter Funeral Directors. Calfaria is the Welsh word for 'Calvary'



Looking along Station Road, from the town, towards where the road turns and begins to go up the hill towards where the station used to be.

Read More - TITLE


Calfaria Chapel is just off the right hand side of the road, not far from the shops in Station Road, and used to be adjacent to a large bakery behind it.

Read More - TITLE


The front of Calfaria Chapel has an enclosing wall, with waist-high gates, and a forecourt beyond.

Read More - TITLE


The ornamental trees and shrubs provide part of the garden along the right-hand side of the chapel.

Read More - TITLE


A view from the side of Calfaria Chapel

Read More - TITLE


This view from the rear is taken from the area where a large bakery used to be located.

Read More - TITLE


From the public highway, it is possible to get views of Calfaria Chapel from 3 directions: front, right hand side, and rear.

Read More - TITLE


Contact Ystradgynlais History
Telephone : 07855 838502

Email Yeargroup:
yeargroup@hotmail.co.uk
Email Wolfian Design:
webdesign@wolfianpress.com
Ystradgynlais Wargraves
How To Write Alternate History

Click the cover to purchase the paperback


How To Write Alternate History is a series of articles by Grey Wolf, examining subjects such as the identity of man, whether man makes the weather, how the everyday in an alternate world is going to be changed and what names for music, vehicles, weapons etc would be different.

 

 
 
 



Sun Centre, beauty parlour and tanning in Ystradgynlais